Largest International Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide Symposium
will be held in Toronto on Friday, Nov 30th, Saturday, Dec 1, 2007.
"Nearly every leader and significant speaker on the issues of euthanasia and assisted suicide will be attending the International Symposium on Euthanasia "Current Issues and Future Directions" to be held Friday, Nov 30th, Saturday, Dec 1, 2007 at the Four Points Sheraton - Toronto Airport Hotel.
Organized by the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition - Canada and co-sponsored by: Co-Sponsored by: Euthanasia Prevention Coalition - Canada, NOT DEAD YET - USA, Compassionate Healthcare Network - Canada, Physicians for Compassionate Care - USA, Vermont Alliance for Ethical Healthcare - Vermont, Care NOT Killing Alliance - UK, No Less Human, UK."
The list of speakers include:
- Margaret Somerville, the founding director of the McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law
- Dr. Peter Saunders, the director of the Care NOT Killing Alliance in the UK
- Dr William Toffler, the national director of Physicians for Compassionate Care in Portland Oregon
- Dr. Bob Orr, the director of the Vermont Alliance for Ethical Health Care
- Diane Coleman, the founder of NOT DEAD YET, a leading disability rights group in the US
- Stephen Drake, the research director for NOT DEAD YET
- Allison Davis, the national co-ordinator of No Less Human in the UK
- Hugh Scher, legal counsel for the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition and the former chair of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities Human Rights Committee
- Alex Schadenberg, Executive Director of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition in Canada
- Rita Marker, Executive Director of the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
- Wesley J. Smith, attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
- Bobby Schindler, brother of Terri Schiavo
- Catherine Frazee, co-director of Ryerson University (RBC) Institute for Disability Studies, and the former chair of the Ontario Human Rights Commission (1990 - 95)
- Bert Dorenbos, leader of Cry for Life in the Netherlands
- Cheryl Eckstein, founder of the Compassionate Health Care Network in Canada
- Dr. Paul Byrne, Neonatologist from Ohio and a recognized expert in the area of Brain Death
- Dr Mark Mostert, an expert on the Nazi T4 - euthanasia program.
See here for more information about speakers, cost and registration.
Thanks to Ruth at Wheelie Catholic for the link.